You can also use the Quizizz library to search through thousands of pre-designed quizzes and lessons covering various topics and grades. It is possible to adapt the quizzes to meet your specific needs as a teacher, alter them in the way you like and then import them into your quizzes and then share these with the students you teach.
Quizizz gives you an efficient scoring system that produces instantaneous performance reports that provide you with an abundance of data that can use can use to help you plan for remedial interventions as well as to assist in the planning of your lessons. In a single touch, you can send these reports to parents to inform them of their children’s learning progress.
This post’s goal is to give you a complete tutorial and tools to assist you in making the most use of Quizizz to enhance your instruction.
What is Quizizz?
Quizizz is a “gamified student involvement platform” which lets users design, edit, and publish engaging and interactive quizzes and lessons. Like Quizalize, Kahoot, Quizlet, and Blooket, Quizizz allows your classes to include students and give them game-based quizzes to share.
You can assign the tests as homework, and students can have the time to complete the questions quickly, many benefits of quizizz or you can hold live quizzes in the class. Students who take quizzes will access detailed information on the class and student levels.
How does Quizizz work?
For teachers, signup is required before using Quizizz. It is necessary to provide basic details, which can be accomplished using an email address for schools and an existing Google or Microsoft account. The most useful feature of this application is the fact that it allows amazing integration with the likes of Edmodo as well as Google Classroom and Reminds.
After a user account is set up, teachers can access the quiz database options that are searchable and arranged to make finding the best exam a fast and simple procedure. It is possible that an existing quiz could fulfill your requirements perfectly. You may also want to edit the quiz and make a couple of changes to improve what you want to make of the finished version.
Making a new quiz is another option using multi-select or single answers to choose from. Teachers can enter questions and answers by hand when it’s the most convenient method; however, there are plenty of rich media options. You can add images to your questions, use them as answer options, and create a customized feedback system for students.
For instance, you could use a cartoon that students watch about the answers they provide. Although there are plenty of options, teachers can also design them if they wish.
How to use Quizizz in the class?
There are many ways you can make use of Quizizz in your class. Here are some suggestions:
- Please make use of it as a method of assessment through formative strategies. Create games and quizzes to test the students’ understanding of the material they have been taught. Utilize your Reports feature to evaluate the performance of every student and plan individual interventions. The information offered through Reports can aid in identifying the areas in which learning issues are prevalent and developing remedial plans according to the situation.
- Invite other educators to work with you to create homework and quizzes shared with other teachers.
- Can use polls to gather student feedback and involve them in making decisions about questions related to their daily learning.
- Students can create questions and then broadcast them online for the entire class to participate.
- Utilize quizzes in exit ticket tasks to test students’ knowledge
- Make use of Quizzzz games for book reviews and activities for digital storytelling.
- Make sure that students are aware of the concepts you plan to present
- Use Quizizz to introduce new subjects in engaging, fun, and engaging ways.
- Use the quizzes to write or as questions to prompt discussion.
- Improve multimodal learning by letting students complete quizzes they are given in the format they are comfortable with.
- Students should utilize Draw to draw out illustrations of their responses.
How to create an online quiz on Quizizz?
There are two methods to create questions on Quizizz. It is possible to begin a new quiz or choose a pre-made quiz from the Quizizz library. Here’s how to make your quiz using scratch:
- Log into your Quizizz account.
- Click”Create from left-hand sidebar,” and choose New Quiz.
- Enter a name for your quiz. Select the subjects you are interested in and click Next
- Use the Quiz Editor to create your questions. The supported formats are fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice open-ended draw, slide, and poll.
- Select the format of questions of your choice, and then enter your questions.
- Make use of Equation Editor to create equations for math. You can also attach pictures to the questions.
- Hit the sound icon when you would like to record audio to answer the questions.
- Choose the allotted time for each question or the entire test.
- Click on Topics and then type in the topic you want to test. This will enable you to create student performance reports according to the subject.
- Once you’re done, then click Save. Your test is now added to the library.
How to share quizzes via Quizizz?
To share quizzes that you’ve created or modified, take these steps:
- Log into your Quizizz account.
- Select My Library from the left pane
- Choose the quiz you wish to share, and then click Share.
- Input email addresses
- Click to open the Can View or Can Edit buttons next to the dialogue box for email addresses. These options apply for all addresses listed in the dialog box.’
- Allow public access If required
- Click on Share.
How to find quizzes and lessons in the Quizizz library?
Quizizz library has thousands of ready-made quizzes and lesson plans created by teachers and educators from other schools. The resources are organized in various categories, including bell ringers and Ice-breakers in Math, English and Language Arts, Social Studies, World Languages Sciences, Computer Science Skills, and numerous others. It is also possible to use the search function to locate questions and lessons. Here’s how you accomplish this:
- Log into your Quizizz account.
- Click on Explore on the left side of the screen.
- Explore the categories featured or type in your search query into the search box.
- Filter your search by the grade (Elementary up to university) or Subjects, Languages, number of Questions, etc.
- Click and drag your mouse over results from a search to access the content of lessons and quizzes.
- If you come across the test or lesson you’re interested in, click Play to play the live test, assign it as homework, or view it.
How to host a live quiz on Quizizz?
Live-streamed quizzes you can host are ones that you made from scratch or ones that are freely available on the Quizizz library. Here’s how:
1. Go to My Library or use Explore to find an existing quiz. Select the quiz you wish to hold in life
2- Choose Live Quiz and choose a mode
The Classic Mode Students advance at speed, and you can see an interactive leaderboard and live results. Three modes are available to play Classic:
Classic: Students respond at their pace and compete as a team.
B-Team Students can answer questions in their way, but scores are grouped according to the team.
C Test C- Test: This is the most common test mode and requires logging in.
Mode for instructors: Control the speed to ensure everyone is advancing through each section in a group’.
3. Click Continue and copy the join code to distribute to students.
4Students visit joinmyquiz.com and type in the code and their name to play the game. Teachers can send the code directly with Google Classroom, Schoology, Canvas, Microsoft Teams, Twitter, or by email.
How can I give a test on Quizizz?
Unlike living tests, the assigned quizzes permit students to take on the assignment quickly. Questions you can give are ones you have designed from scratch or are available to the public in the Quizizz library. If you come across a test, you’d like to assign to your students, select Assign homework and create a deadline if you wish to set one. Change the settings according to your liking, and then click Assign.
How to create a class on Quizizz
Making classes using Quizizz allows you to create games and quizzes for your students quickly. You can create your class from scratch or transfer class content via Google Classroom, Schoology, or Canvas. To create a class from scratch, take these steps
- Log into your Quizizz account.
- Select Classes from the left pane, and then select the option to create a class.
- Name the class your class
- Click on Create Class
- Copy the generated link or code and give it to students.
- Students visit quizizz.com/join/class, login, and enter the class code.
How to create memes using Quizizz
Utilizing memes to give feedback to students is an excellent option to add an extra dimension of engagement and interactivity to your classes and quizzes. The procedure to create a meme using Quizizz is straightforward:
- Log in to your Quizizz account
- Click on More in the left pane, and then select Memes
- Make a brand new meme
- Enter a name for your meme and hit Done
- Click on Create a proper meme, and then upload an image
- Include captions on your photo and enter an appropriate name. Click on Save.
- Repeat the process to make an incorrect meme.
How to create an assortment on Quizizz
You can use Collections to store and organize your lessons and quizzes. To create a collection:
- Log in with your Quizizz account
- Click on More in the left pane, and then choose Collections.
- Click on the Create Collection button.
- Give your collection a name. Collection and decide if you’d like to keep it private or private.
- Click on Create Collection
Is Quizizz free?
Although both Quizizz Basic plan and Super plan provide live Quizzes and homework, they differ regarding the number of students per lesson/assignment. The basic plan allows for only 100 students per assignment or lesson. The Super program permits 500 students per assignment or homework and has many more features.
However, you can choose quizzes without signing on to the website, which will not save results for prolonged use. Students don’t have to sign-up to take tests; they create an account with a temporary name instead of signing up with a permanent username. This makes the process more efficient and speedier and allows students to complete these tests anonymously if they wish while still being capable of seeing how their scores compare to other students in the class.
Read also: Top 5+ best Alternatives websites for Mp3boo