Most people wanted to know why does Midol make me feel high? And this is the reason that we have decided to explore this topic for you in this context. Midol is also known as Naproxen or NSAID. NSAID is considered dangerous but it does not lie in the category of narcotics. You can take this medicine with a prescription or without a prescription. However, we will discuss all the details about Midol, so let’s get started without further delay!
What is Midol?
If you are one of those who are in search of why does Midol make me feel high? Then you are at the right place, but first, let me tell you about Midol.
Midol is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Midol is used to treat menstrual cramps and some other symptoms that are related to PMS. Midol is used to prevent the creation of special types of substances that cause inflammation in the body. Do most people also have a query that Can Midol affect your mood?
Midol can affect your hearing sense or change your mood, or in some cases, you may have bleeding so, consult your doctor if you have any of these issues immediately.
Uses of Midol (NSAID):
- Midol is a relief patch that is used to treat numerous ailments such as headaches, tendonitis, menstrual cramps, and muscle aches.
- It can be used to treat the swelling, and clumsiness that is usually associated with gout attacks and arthritis.
How to use Midol:
Here are the instructions, on how to take the Midol:
Everyone should take Midol or any other medicine as prescribed by the doctor, but if you are the one who is taking Midol without a prescription, then you should take it after reading the instruction on the medicine package.
- You can take NSAID, with a glass of water. The recommended dosage is only 2 to 3 times a day only. You should take this after having a meal. Do not lie for at least 10 minutes after taking the medicine.
- If you go overdose on Midol, you may be affected by the stomach problems such as stomach bleeding and some other side effects. Do not go beyond the recommendation.
- You can take this medicine for a long period, only if you have arthritis (but still with a recommendation by a doctor).
The effects on the CNS due to Midol:
Midol sometimes causes different serious effects on your nervous system. It may impair your physical or maybe mental ability.
Some of the main affects you might get from taking Midol include the following:
- Blurry vision
- Reduced mental alertness
High usage of Midol may cause cardiovascular or gastrointestinal effects in your body. If you are acholic you should not take Midol. Do Some people have concerns related to whether Is Midol a narcotic? Midol is not a narcotic, as it was sold in 1911 for headache or toothache symptoms.
Common side effects of Midol:
You may go through severe conditions if you get any of these symptoms. That we are listing below.
- Water Retention
- Ringing In the Ears
- A Skin Rash
- Abnormal Liver Function Tests
If you experience, these symptoms you may tend to have a less severe condition:
Uncommon side effects of Midol:
If you experience, these symptoms you may tend to have unusual side effects:
- Large Purple or Brown Skin Blotches
- Blurred Vision
- A Change in Vision
- Bruising Under the Skin
- Excessive Thirst
- If you experience, these symptoms you may tend to have a Less Severe condition:
- Sensation Of Spinning or Whirling
- Excessive Sweating
- Heart Throbbing or Pounding
Precautions to follow:
- Midol can cause gastrointestinal bleeding. But this will happen only when you are addicted to alcohol or tobacco.
- If you are in pregnancy then you should take this drug after consulting your doctor as it may be hazardous for your unborn child and may lead you to complications during delivery. In addition, if you are in your 20 weeks of pregnancy, do not take this drug. However, if you tend to take this drug by a doctor, then do not go for high dosage. In addition, if you are in your 30 weeks of pregnancy then surely do not go for this drug.
- If you are an older one then you are more vulnerable to being affected by stomach or intestinal bleeding or may kidney failure.
- If you are a feeding mother, then it is unfavorable for your child. You should consult with your doctor before taking this drug.
Is Midol considered a drug?
Midol is considered a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Midol is used to treat menstrual cramps and some other symptoms related to PMS.
Medicine That contains Midol (NSAID):
There is numerous medicine that has naproxen in them. Some of them are listed below:
- Anaprox DS
- EC Naprosyn
- Midol Extended Relief
- Pamprin Maximum Strength All-Day Relief
Hope we have cleared your query why does Midol make me feel high? As we have shared all the associated details regarding this query. If you find this content, helpful let us know by commenting in the comment section below.